Coluracetam is a nootropic that belongs to the racetam class of supplements. Like many of its ilk, it has been hailed for its dramatic effect on the user’s memory as well as its positive impact on subject behavior and mood. In fact, it is steadily making headway in terms of becoming a viable treatment option for manic depression and anxiety.
This article presents readers with a general overview of the nootropic. It provides a brief overview of its history as it underwent development in the past decade. Moreover, it provides readers with an easy-to-understand guide on the purported benefits of Coluracetam.
History of Coluracetam
Coluracetam was originally synthesized back in 2005 by the Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation of Japan. The company was interested in developing the substance as a potential treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. It had already undergone a couple of clinical tests before its rights were sold to BrainCells, Inc which sought to perform further research on its practical applicability.
Soon after BrainCells Inc. acquired the license from Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, its development moved to the animal testing stage. The clinical tests themselves proved conclusive, giving weight to the drug’s effectiveness as a memory booster, learning enhancer, and anxiety medication. Needless to say, this is a noteworthy development.
Benefits of Coluracetam
Generally speaking, racetams are known to help their users achieve a sharper memory and a stronger mind. Based on the results of the clinical trials, it seems coluracetam is no different. Presented below are just some of the benefits of coluracetam.
- Better Memory – Coluracetam users generally tend to exhibit notable improvement when it comes to their memory. This is hardly surprising given that the drug itself was initially designed as a potential treatment for Alzheimer’s. In addition to this, the chemical composition of racetams are also designed to stimulate the brain’s memory centers, thus helping its users learn new information and recall old ones without any trouble at all.
- Enhanced Learning – Not only are the Coluracetam users able to absorb information at a faster rate, their cognitive skills are also given a cognitive boost. This not only translates into better problem solving and comprehension skills, it is also made apparent by their improved vocabulary.
- Improved Articulation – Needless to say, its users are also given a significant boost when it comes to their skills at articulation. Perhaps there is nothing more frustrating than having an idea at the tip of your tongue, yet you find yourself unable to effectively explain what you mean to say. By using Coluracetam, you can avoid this predicament altogether.
- Alleviating Depression – Like other nootropics of its class, Coluracetams also exhibit mood boosting effects. This makes it perfect as a possible treatment option for people suffering from depression and other similar conditions.
- Improved Eyesight – This is perhaps one of the most exciting benefits that Coluracetam offers to its users. Initial studies show that the user’s eyesight is able to undergo slight improvement with continued use, as the images they see become more vivid and the visual clarity increases.
This article presented readers with a short overview of Coluracetam. As one of the newer racetam subtypes, its purported benefits become even more interesting.